Material Donation Guidelines
Thank You for Donating to Goodwill Industries of the Greater East Bay
The sale of donations in our Goodwill Stores is the primary source of funding for Goodwill’s training programs for people with vocational disabilities.
These items are very much in demand by Goodwill shoppers:
- Gently used clothing and shoes for men, women, and children
- Toys and books
- Small appliances in working condition
- VCRs, radios, stereos, CD-DVD players
- Cell phones, and car phones that are all in working condition
- TVs and CRT monitors – working or not
Donate Your Car to Goodwill.
We get the best resale value for your IRS tax deduction. Goodwill prepares the car and prepares the DMV paperwork. We also accept trucks, RVs, and boats.
Call 1-888-4Goodwill if you are interested in donating your car or buying one.
Sometimes we must decline a donation.
Goodwill would like to accept all donations. Unfortunately, we occasionally have to decline certain items. Items should be clean, non-soiled, and in one piece so we can resell them to support our training programs.
Goodwill must say “No Thank You” to:
- Microwaves, Chemicals, oils, toxic material, pesticides
- Infant car seats, cribs, mattresses, box springs and bed pillows
- Batteries and fluorescent light bulbs
- Office furniture, waterbeds, hide-a-beds
- All automotive products
- All building materials
- Bicycle parts
- Venetian blinds or shutters
- Food items and magazines
- Gas powered yard tools
- Non-working electrical equipment
- Pianos & organs
We are unable to accept the following items:
- Excessively worn, discolored or soiled items
- Items with tears or rips or needing repair
- Non-functional, broken pieces, incomplete